Use of the Par Bay Diary is subject to terms and conditions. We know T&Cs can be boring but they are essential, so here’s a short, friendly summary. Full details of our T&Cs can be found beneath.
Par Bay Diary is an online service that lists groups and events. It runs on goodwill, shared values and cups of tea. Please use the site with this in mind, keep it a happy and friendly place for everyone, and behave as you’d like others to behave. Although we are moderating the site we don’t guarantee or vet any of the events posted. So please take the usual care and use common sense when using the service. The team is on hand to help with any concerns, please email us at email@example.com
We promise to take good care of your information. We won’t pass it to anyone else, or use it to send you spam. We won’t collect any more information from you than we need in order to run the site. We will track general statistics so we can report back to the organizations that now support our site or fund it in the future and let them know how well we are doing – all statistics will be anonymous.
Par Bay Diary is not specifically designed for children/vulnerable adults to use, but it is not an “adults only” site. Using the site to look for events and activities to attend with the common-sense supervision of a parent, guardian or carer is very welcome – that’s how we promote a sense of community!
In general, please follow all Par Bay Diary’s rules and guidelines in the spirit they are meant.
Terms & Conditions
Your access to & use of this site is subject to the following terms and conditions and all applicable laws. In using this site you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set out below.
Arrangements/Disputes with other users– Your interaction with other people found through the website is solely between you and them. Par Bay Diary is not responsible for any accuracy of details posted relating to events. Par Bay Diary Diary is under no obligation to become involved in any dispute between users.
Children and Vulnerable Adults – Par Bay Diary is not designed for children/vulnerable adults and therefore Par Bay Diary would expect that any use by children/vulnerable adults would be supervised by parents, guardians and carers.
Conduct – You agree not to post events or make available any content:
- Which impersonates any person or falsely states or misrepresents your relationship with any person
- That is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful or misinformative
- That is unlawful, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, contains hate speech, or is otherwise objectionable
- That infringes any patent, trademark or copyright
- That constitutes any marketing, link referral code, spam, junk mail, chain letters, pyramid schemes or unsolicited commercial advertisement
- That advertises any illegal services or items
- That contains any software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- That disrupts the normal function of the site
You agree not to:
- Behave inconsiderately or rudely towards other members
- Bully, intimidate, or harass any user
- Collect personal data
- Send unsolicited email advertisements (spam)
- Use automated means including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like to download data from the service. Exception is made for search engines and non-commercial archives that comply with our robots.txt file
- Attempt to gain access to Par Bay Diary computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality, interferes with the performance, or impairs the functionality of Par bay Diary website
Content – You understand that all postings, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, or other materials (“Content”) posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the website are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated. More specifically, you are entirely responsible for all content that you post, email or otherwise make available via the website. You understand that Par Bay Diary does not control, and is not responsible for content made available through the website, and that by using the website, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable. Par Bay Diary have the right and sole discretion (but not the obligation) to refuse, delete or move any content that is available by the service, for violating the letter or the spirit of the Terms or for any other reason.
Safeguarding – Par Bay Diary will remove and report any images or content found during its regular monitoring if those images or content appear to be unlawful, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, contains hate speech, or is otherwise objectionable.
Disclaimer – The information presented on this website is given in good faith and is subject to change without notice. The owners and volunteers are not responsible for any inaccuracies and the information given does not form any advice or recommendation.
Indemnity – You agree to indemnify and hold Par Bay Diary and all those associated with running the service, harmless from any claim or demand made by any third party regarding your use of the service.
Limitations of Liability – Under no circumstances shall Par Bay Diary and all those associated be liable for direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages resulting from any aspect of your use of the Par Bay Diary site.
Data – We will not pass any information to third parties and will only contact you about the running of the site.
Security – You should be aware that the internet is not a secure medium and that we are unable to guarantee the security of Information which is transmitted to or from us via the internet.
Termination of Service –Par Bay Diary and all those associated have the right to delete or restrict your access to or use of the website immediately and without notice if Par Bay Diary believe you have acted against the letter or the spirit of these Terms and Conditions.